Cheiron, the most important impartial Egyptian oil and fuel E&P firm, stated it has made a brand new oil discovery within the Geisum and Tawila West Concession within the Gulf of Suez.
The corporate stated in its media assertion that the invention was made by the GNN-11 exploration nicely, which was drilled right into a fault block to the east of the GNN oil discipline improvement.
Cheiron, by its PICO GOS affiliate, holds a 60 % working curiosity and operatorship within the Concession, with Kufpec holding the remaining 40 % curiosity. The sector operations are managed by the PetroGulf Misr Joint Working Firm on behalf of EGPC (50 %) and the Cheiron and Kufpec partnership (50 %).
In keeping with the assertion, the nicely encountered 165 ft of fine high quality vertical internet pay within the Pre-Miocene Nubia formation and that is the primary time the Nubia has been discovered to be oil bearing within the GNN space of the Concession. The manufacturing reservoir in the primary GNN discipline is within the Nukhul formation.
The nicely was drilled from the not too long ago put in GNN Early Manufacturing Facility (EPF) and has been efficiently positioned on manufacturing at a price of over 2,500 barrels of oil per day, Cheiron famous. The corporate stated that as results of the brand new nicely, and the profitable drilling marketing campaign performed thus far on the sector, the gross oil manufacturing from the Concession has reached 23,000 bopd, in comparison with 4,000 bopd earlier than the GNN discipline was developed.
Cheiron Power introduced the EPF for the GNN oil discipline within the Gulf of Suez on stream close to the tip of March.
GNN-11 is the fourth nicely to be accomplished from the EPF, which is positioned within the central space of the sector and features a conductor help platform, a cellular offshore manufacturing unit and a 10-inch oil export pipeline, tied again to the prevailing Geisum Star manufacturing complicated. An extra 3 wells will be drilled from the EPF and these shall be used to finish the present section of the GNN drilling program, Cheiron stated.
The brand new Nubia discovery confirms the exploration potential within the northern space of the Concession, in accordance with Cheiron, which stated that, along with Kufpec, it’s planning to drill at the least three extra exploration wells within the Concession space. In a broader sense, the invention additionally demonstrates that while the Gulf of Suez is a comparatively mature hydrocarbon province, it nonetheless has important remaining exploration potential, Cheiron famous.
To contact the creator, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org